It all starts with a blank slate, or more specifically, a piece of land and maybe a list of wants and needs. Building a new home can feel exciting and daunting at the same time. Your choices are limited only by your budget, your building lot and, in many cases, the restrictions or covenants of your subdivision. I recommend:
- Giving your budget serious consideration first.
- Factoring in that the long-term comfort and livability of your new home will come down to how well it is sited on the building lot and the quality of its infrastructure more than a trendy sink or pendant lighting; a well-built house fits its surroundings and your lifestyle.
- Taking stock of what is most important to you in your living space and prioritizing the big-ticket investments like the kitchen accordingly; resale value and current design trends are factors, of course, but shouldn’t drive every decision.
A partnership approach
As your custom home builder, it is my privilege to help guide and advise you through the process from beginning to the end, including:
- Lot consultation–If you are looking for a building lot, or if you have one already, I will consult with you on strategies for where to site your home for maximum benefit and enjoyment.
- Design and build services—I provide complete design, engineering and building service to help simplify the process of conceptualizing, planning and constructing your home. I will also review your existing plans and offer recommendations to ensure your new custom home truly fits your building lot, lifestyle and budget.
Renovation and Remodeling
Love your location but not your space? We can fix that!
It’s becoming more commonplace here at the beach for people who are retiring to Sussex County to convert those beloved beach cottages into year-round homes. Or, sometimes it is more advantageous to renovate or remodel a home than to tear it down and build new, or move. Whatever the reason, my philosophy is to reinvent and reinvigorate the space without demolishing the charm and character.
Changing the foot print and or flow of an existing home comes with some special challenges, but the results can be spectacular when managed with creativity and care. I approach the process with my clients just as I do when building a custom home from the ground up. You can count on me to guide and advise you every step of the way to transform you space into a more comfortable, livable home that works for the way you live.
Bring me your ideas, designs or plans for a consultation
If you are just beginning to think about a remodeling or renovation project, I am happy to consult with you. I provide complete design, engineering and building service to help simplify the process of conceptualizing, planning and completing your home renovation or remodel. I will also review your existing plans and offer recommendations to ensure your new space truly meets your needs.